ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
B.Des in Interior design course is a eight semester programme spread over four years which introduces students to the various nuances, principles and characteristics of design, colour schemes, space planning and drafting. The course deals with detailed classroom sessions on selection of materials and finishes for various spaces. The lectures are designed with an emphasis on workshops, internships and industry projects running all through the period of four years. This not only gives students a hand on experience but also gives them a thorough knowledge of how the interior design business runs. At the end of four years the students will be awarded Bachelor of Design in Interior Design.
- Develop and integrate trends in interior design
- Understand the design, technology and techniques to design spaces effectively
- Produce working drawings, specifications, layoutsand suggest materials and finishes for a specific project.
- Understand building and saftey codes, principles and practices for environmental and sustainable interior design
- With the wide variety of live design projects, presentations, lab works, research papers and critique students demonstrate a good understanding of the various components of interior designing.
- Develop designs, plan material and suggest systems for variuos spaces for aesthetic and effective functioning.