About the Programme
B.Des in Product design is an extensive course spanning four years compirsing of eight semesters. The course inculcates a deep understanding of design principles and technology. The course enables students to understand people’s needs, identify opportunities for innovation, visualize ideas and realize solutions. The detailed classroom sessions will impart core visual, creative, technical and analytical skills, along with knowledge of materials, technologies, manufacturing processes, trends and sustainability.
The experience of workshops, internships and industry projects at the end of each semester will make learning complete. At the end of four years the students will be awarded Bachelor of Design in Product Design.
- Students demonstrate strong understanding of product standards and specifications for quality products.
- Students demonstrate good competency in designing and technical skills appropriate for product design.
- They understand the trends and the needs of consumers.
- Demostrate high understanding of how decisions affect product cost, performance, and quality.
- With the wide variety of design projects, presentations, workshops, papers and seminars students demonstrate a good understanding of the various components of quality product making